Food security is achieved when people, at all times, have physical and economic access to suﬃcient, safe and nutritious food to meet their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy life. For food security, only production of suﬃcient food is not suﬃcient. Rather people should have assured access to the suﬃcient food supply.
The vision of this cluster is to ensure access to nutritious food for the poor and vulnerable. The main objective of the cluster is to set up an eﬃcient shock responsive social security system that ensures food security and meets other needs of people aﬀected by disasters.
- Ministry of Food (Coordinator)
- Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief
- Health Services Division
- Medical Education and Family Welfare Division
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Women and Children Affairs
- Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
- Finance Division
- Ministry of Social Welfare
- Ministry of Commerce