The National Social Security Strategy of Bangladesh puts much emphasis on introducing a suitable framework of social insurance. The Financial Institutions Division is working on developing insurance programmes for diﬀerent walks of people. Both the Finance Division and the Financial Institutions Division are the focal points for implementing social insurance. However, the lead is given to Financial Institutions Division.
The vision of this cluster is to implement a suitable social insurance system in the country. The objective of the cluster is to develop organizational capacity and formulate necessary legal instruments for introduction of social insurance and social pension.
- Financial Institutions Division – Coordinator
- Finance Division
- Health Services Division
- Medical Education and Family Welfare Division
- Ministry of Labour and Employment
- Ministry of Social Welfare
- Ministry of Expatriates’ Welfare and Overseas Employment