In 1998, the allowances for the Widow, Deserted and Destitute Women programme operated first under the Ministry of Social Welfare. But in 2004, the Government transferred this programme to the Ministry of Women and Children Affairs it has not gone back to the Ministry of Social Welfare.
- Must be a citizen of Bangladesh.
- Must have an annual income not exceeding Tk. 12,000.00
- Must possess a National Identity Card/Birth Registration Certificate
- Must be a resident of the concerned local area
- Must be selected by the concerned committee.
(i) Allowance recipient must be a citizen of Bangladesh.
(ii) Priority will be given to the senior most widow/husband/deserted destitute woman.
(iii) Priority given to the widow/divorcee/deserted woman.
(iv) Priority be given to the wealthless/homeless/landless
Targeting of beneficiaries
The Programme is operated through the National Advisory Committee, Upazila Committee and Ward Committee and the allowances are disbursed through banking. The allowances are for widowed, deserted or destitute women all over Bangladesh
Beneficiaries receive BDT 300 per month but receive the money once a quarter.