Expansion of Polli Daridro Bimochon Foundation (PDBF) for Poverty Alleviation and Self Employment
This is a government Microfinance Institution aimed at reducing poverty since its inception in 2000. PDBF operates a microfinance loan along with Small Enterprise Loan (SEL) to enhance economic capacity of rural disadvantaged people as there is little provision for providing loans for them. PDBF have also introduced a solar programme and have installed 33,700 Solar Home Units in the rural areas. The use of the loans are for different generating activity from milk cow, fishing, poultry, handicrafts. The repayment rate is at 12% for the duration of 52 weeks. Repayment is weekly.
This is accomplished by assisting members by:
- Providing training to strengthen their capacity for self-help and acquiring various skill for income generation
- Providing economic opportunity through collecting regular savings and disbursing credit, and
- Providing training on social development issues to empower members and increase awareness.
- To promote gender equity involved with PDBF
- Poor and disadvantaged rural farmers not having more than 50 decimals of land
- Average income not more than Tk. 6,000 per month.
Loan size ranging from BDT 15,000 – 60,000