The 3rd meeting of the NSSS M&E Committee was held on the 4th of February (Monday), 2019 at 2.30 PM at NEC Committee Room-1, Planning Commission Premises, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka, under the auspices of the “Social Security Policy Support (SSPS)” Programme being jointly implemented by the Cabinet Division and GED. The meeting was chaired by Dr Shamsul Alam, Member (Senior Secretary), GED and Chairperson of the M&E Committee. Participants of the meeting included other members of the M&E Committee. Mr. Md. Faizul Islam, National Project Director, SSPS Programme; Mr. Aminul Arifeen, National Project Manager, SSPS Programme and other officials from SSPS Programme attended the meeting.
The agenda of the meeting included presentation and discussion on the following studies:
- Barriers of Accessing Social Protection Programmes for the Poor and Marginalized
- Cost-Benefit Ratio Study on Effects of Social Protection Cash Transfers
- Implications of Changing Demographics and Effects on Social Protection in Bangladesh
- NSSS Mid-Term Implementation Review
- Long-term effect of livelihood promotion types of social security programme